Dry Drills???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmyJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok, I am a new diver, and haven't even been for over a year. This was the summer I promised DH to brave the cold quarries just to get some down time!!!! I make a point of staying OFF this board when I can't dive, becuase if I start, it's all I think about! However, here I am once again, feeling obsessed and unable to dive (that whole pregnant things just screws everything!!)

So my question is... what can I be doing in the mean time?? Obviously just practicing assembling my gear ( I am new enough it is NOT automatic!).... Other thoughts?? I know this is probably crazy, but I am so looking forward to being in the water (although I will take a refresher, I promise), but now that I'm thinking diving again, I want to do all I can to be more confident (?).... or just better prepared and capable I guess. Thanks for any thoughts!

Practicing things like air sharing, mask replacement, and gear assembly are great ways to spend your dry time.

Close your eyes and go through the procedures. When you have a buddy who is out of air, what do you do? Whatever it is, do it and practice it :)

As a new OW diver, I do something similar. Also do the nmeumonics for the diving checks BWRAF, SORTED, STELLA, SAFE ascent rate. Remind self of safety stop time. Practice RDP using TBL Tutor thoughtfully given away free to members of this site by Larry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom