Dry Bag Size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JGary

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a good gear bag to carry onto the boat for all my gear and my "wet" items. What I am looking for is a good dry bag to put my personal items in to keep them dry while I'm diving (shirt, shoes, socks, towel, wallet, car keys, etc.). The problem I'm having is not finding a bag...there are lots of brands out there...but I don't know what size to get. Can you tell me what size you would recommend for keeping your personal items dry while on the boat? Thanks!

I find that a 10 liter Kodiak Sac by Seal Line is big enough for wallet, T-shirt, hat, and a tiny 1'x1' polypropylene dive towel.

It's not big enough for shoes too or a full size beach towel, but normally I just have sandals that either go into a common box of shoes or into a plastic grocery bag and thrown into my gearbag (the plastic bag is just to keep the dirt from the shoes from messing up stuff); and I find the smaller towel works pretty good since you can easily wring it out.

The 10 liter size is small enough that it easily fits into the gear bag. By using the dry bag and by using my mask case for my eyeglasses while diving I am able to avoid having to find any other storage spots other than in my gearbag.

In lieu of a real drybag, often I'll just use 1 gallon ziplock storage bags. Good for stuff like towels or t-shirts that you would prefer to keep dry, but where it isn't a big disaster if for some reason they do get wet. Often I'll have 1 t-shirt in the real drybag, and whatever I'm wearing down to the boat ramp gets put into ziplok bags.

The kayaking and whitewater rafting sections of outdoor shops like REI are good places to look for drybags.

Charlie Allen

I use the blue (small) one of these--->Dry Bag.

It carries my small Pelican (#1060) save-a-dive case, 2 hard dive computer cases(Oceanic VT3,Galileo Sol), logbook, t-shirt, shorts, and a full-size beach towel. When fully packed it fits in the cubby-holes under the seats found on most six-pack boats.

i use a large bag (the size of the yellow scubatoys one). I put my valuables, shore clothes, and a towel in (in that order) on the boat. works great even in an small open boat.

Eventually i put my suit and some other wet gear in it for the drive home. Will hold a smallish exposure suit (not the full dry suit...).

Back
Top Bottom