Driving the Baja

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TimAZ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Next October I'm driving the Baja to dive La Bufadora and Bahia de Los Angeles and intend to take the ferry accross from Santa Rosalio to Guaymas to meet friends in San Carlos. I'm getting a lot of conflicting info on ferry times, cost, and availabilty. Any info or links to where I can get it would be great.

TimAZ:
Next October I'm driving the Baja to dive La Bufadora and Bahia de Los Angeles and intend to take the ferry accross from Santa Rosalio to Guaymas to meet friends in San Carlos. I'm getting a lot of conflicting info on ferry times, cost, and availabilty. Any info or links to where I can get it would be great.

I don't know the places you're diving but October is a great time to dive the Sea of Cortez! If you can go to Mulege o Loreto!

Here is the link to the ferry, you should open it with IE, In Firefox it doesn't work.

http://www.ferrysantarosalia.com/

Thanks for the information.
La Bufadora is about 20 miles south of Ensenada and has great diving (cold though due to a local upwelling). However there are no motels and most people camp or stay in the bunkhouse. There is also a 2 BR villa a short drive away. The diving is off small wooden pangas-not for everybody.
BofLA is on the Sea of Cortez about 300 miles south of Ensenada and supposedly (never been) a great place for whale sharks. It is, however, highly undeveloped. No electricity, bring your own water, satellite phones only, and the nearest fuel without going further south is 175 miles away. Should be an interesting week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom