DRIS (Dive Right In Scuba) Custom Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anyone have, or know someone who has, one of the custom fit drysuits from Dive Right In Scuba (the Protech Bilam or AquaTech Trilam)? The price and turn around time is pretty attractive for a first drysuit, but there are no reviews on the product pages and I can't find any posts by anyone saying what they think of them.

Aside from any 'You get what you pay for' reviews looking to know if the suit is a good value. If I find that I want to do more drysuit diving or the suit doesn't really work with the diving I want to do I would probably buy a new suit. It's one of those things I want to get a drysuit but don't want to throw excessive money at one (yet). Before suggesting I try some OTS suits, my size pretty much dictates I'll need a custom/mfm drysuit if it's anything like finding a wetsuit.

Thanks in advance

If you can wait, I think the Seaskin's are a better value. I couldn't outfit the DRIS trilam with the same options as my Seaskin, and even without all the options it was about double the price. The bilam was still more expensive even without equivalent options. The only downside to the Seaskin's is that since they're made in the UK it will take a bit to get it.

That being said, DRIS is probably the largest drysuit retailer in the US. They know a hell of a lot about them, and I'd trust their expertise in designing a suit.

I have a SeaSkin on order, they get good reviews. RoHo (Robin Hood Watersports) may be another option for value M2M. I know several people who have them and are quite happy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom