Drinking Buddies in Gainesville?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Addison Snyder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm moving to Gainesville from Daytona, and am gonna be viewing rentals and places there this weekend. Anyone local divers wanna hang out?

During a Pandemic? Not so much! However, I live about 40 minutes West of you in SE Suwannee County and am about to start diving again (health issues). Let me know if you're up for a dive!

Well, shoot. Dive with The Chairman? I'd be honored. Alas, my drysuit wrist seals are out of commission and I'm waiting on them to be delivered. about a week from now I'm guessing I'll have those installed.

Troy Springs is one my favorite haunts. It was a Civil War wreck: The CS Madison. Maybe we should pick a date and open it for lots of ScubaBoardians to descend on it???

I'd be up for that. Next weekend would be good for me, but I'm cool with taking a day off to dive whenever. I'm only intro to cave at the moment, I should mention. Once I'm settled in Gainesville and get a new drysuit in the mail (Seaskin, wish me luck), I'm gonna get trained for full.

WOW @The Chairman offering diving buddy service.
Amazing. Take advantage of it.

We dove and swam Troy last week and found conditions to be pretty good. It seemed to have less flow than normal though.
Spoke with the ranger there as he was measuring the deck and stairs for repairs coming up. Not sure of when though.

During a Pandemic? Not so much! However, I live about 40 minutes West of you in SE Suwannee County and am about to start diving again (health issues). Let me know if you're up for a dive!

Have you finally dug your rebreather out?

I'll be in town next week with one of my Chicago buddies to get some cave time in the logs.

Have you finally dug your rebreather out?
I had a setback. Even after getting the Shingrex vaccine a couple of years ago, I got stinking shingles. I absolutely lost my balance and will be doing a couple of OW dives before I move on to rebreathering and caving.

Why not do a ScubaBoard dive on New Year's Eve at Troy?

Back
Top Bottom