Drifter rescued after 10 hours - Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow. Good he was rescued. Empty boat diving is just asking for this to happen. It can be fine in protected water, but not here.

I dive this area every year. Depending on the conditions, it can be a fairly easy dive, or more advanced. Depths vary rapidly. My first dive there was supposed to be a dive along the edge of a drop off. Missed the edge on descent, and visibility was quite poor. Thumbed the dive at 92’. Buddy and I surfaced down current from the boat. Not too far, but the current was pretty strong, and certainly not helping. We were making headway, but it was slow and tiring. My wife and daughters were on the boat. My oldest daughter started the boat, and unhooked us from a friend’s boat, and my wife came and picked us up.

This past summer, we dove the same area. Calm conditions, and clear water. Max depth was 55’.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom