Dressel divers internship advis please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gracii.v

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello everyone !

So hear we go, I've just stopped my studies I'm 20 soon and I want to become a dive instructor, I've seen the dressel divers internship that get's you to divemaster then another internship to become instructor (both courses are 6months). The internships are free (accommodation, some food, the courses ect) and in exchange you work at the pools with tourists stuf like that.
I've seen a few bad reviews because it's hard work but the thing is I don't have the money to go from zéro level to inscructor... I want to know what you think, is it worth 1 year of work to become inscructor and get it for free, plus I'll get experience working with customers, rather than saving up for a while and then paying for the course.
Otherwise if you know other courses that could be good for me.
I've done two years of diving at uni but I was always unavalable for the final sea dive the pass, but passed the theory and swimming pool, so I haven't got anything official but got a bit of expérience.

Thanks for any help !!

Hi Gracii.v, I have also seen the internships from dressel. If I were you, I would try and get a bit more diving in and get certified and see how you feel. 6 months to a year is quite a commitment, so make sure it is definitely what you want to do :)

I can vouch for Dressel and their internship program. Given your current situation, age and economics, I would do it, if they accept you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom