Drake Bay - Cano Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scared Silly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are going to head back to Costa Rica this winter and thought we would head south this trip. I am looking for reports from folks who have visited Drake Bay and dived at Cano Island. Curious to know how you got there and who your stayed with and who you dived with.

Thanks!

Isla del Caño is certainly one of the best places to dive in Costa Rica and you will enjoy it.

I stayed in Bahia Drake once at:
Poor Man's Paradise (nice but remote) Poor Man's Paradise in Corcovado
Cabinas Manolo (Central in Bahia Drake, but basic) Cabinas Manolo - Drake Bay - Bahia Drake
Pirate Cove ( nice, own dive shop) Costa Rica Hotel Pirate Cove, Drake Bay, Osa Peninsula, Cano Island Nature Retreat Hotel, Vacation Packages, Tours, Corcovado National Park, Acitvities Southern Pacific

Very nice is Jiinetes de Osa: http://www.jinetesdeosa.com/virtual.php and has a own dive shop

I dove with Jiinetes de Osa (Costa Rica Adventure Divers), Pirate Cove and Lee a local guide.

Going there:
Easy: San Jose -Baha Drake with a small plane operated by Sansa Air or Nature Air (Watch your luggage as max 20lbs are allowed)
Middle: own car, drive to Sierpe, leave the car there and with the taxiboat to Bahia Drake
Difficult: own car, drive to Palmar del Sur, then to Rincon, head up thru the Jungle, cross the River and you are in Bahia Drake.
A very nice adventurous trip but you need some practice manouevering 4x4 cars and river crossings.

Have fun planning and then there!

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom