Dragons Down Under

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klausi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Last weekend, near Adelaide, in a rather dry part of the land down under, I jumped into the water next to some wonderful new friends and with pressurized air on my back. And what did I see? A seadragon, of the leafy variety.

I also wrote an essay about the biology and evolution of the leafy seadragon.

12473392465_dda0dbdd1f_z.jpg
12473853804_15df7d774f_z.jpg
12473870014_c46c531a1f_z.jpg

Awesome - I saw one a couple of weeks ago in Perth - took me completely by surprise - great creatures arent they. Actually suprised me a little that it was bigger than I had imagined them to be.

Fabulous.

Don't blame you for getting 'wet' if you were in Adelaide last week - 45deg :shocked2:

Nice picks by the way .....

Nice shots.
would love to head that way to find them someday.

My husband would give his eyeteeth to see one of those -- thanks for sharing the lovely photos! It's also a very interesting and well written essay, and thank you for taking the time to collect the information and write it.

The first pic is very good indeed. It's amazing how alien UW creatures can seem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom