Dragon AT & Nitrox / Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlohaMatt

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm looking at purchasing the Dragon AT BCD. After reading the user manual it says that the BCD must be converted by a Mares technician using a kit to allow the use of Nitrox mixtures to 40%. It also says that if you then use the BCD with air, it must be converted again before using Nitrox.

Is that accurate? Every time you want to switch from air to Nitrox and vice versa it must be converted?

Is this the case for all BCD's or just this model?

Does the Air Trim system affect the use of Nitrox?

Thanks a lot and I'm looking forward to hearing back from you!

Aloha

That is not true. I have a Mares Dragonfly AT and use it with both air & Nitrox all the time. It does not effect the AirTrim at all. There are no BC's that require any modification to switch from air to Nitrox and back again.
I have used a Dragon in the pool and they are a great BC as is all the Mares gear. You will love the AirTrim.

Hi Matt,

All Mares bcd's including Dragon A/T are ok to use with nitrox up to a 40% mix without having to convert. You can go back and forth from air to nitrox and you will be fine.

The disclaimer you read is for European standards.

I'm certain you will like your new Dragon AT, it really is a great bcd!

P.S. Welcome to the boards. I hope you stick around.

Best regards,

Matt, you're going to love your Dragon! I just did a dive today with a regular BCD (non-mares) for my rescue course. Boy, do I appreciate my Mares BCD and airtrim!!!!!:coffee: It's a world of difference...

Enjoy!:coffee::coffee:

Not true, it is (as I understand it) part of the legal boilerplate required by the E.U., ain't globalization grand?

Back
Top Bottom