DR Nomad, Size XL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Razor is great for the diving Steve B. is doing, but it's not a great fit for most of the diving that's done in N. Florida. The caves are deeper, we're using heavier steel tanks, and to add the type of lift needed for that would put the Razor at about the same price as the others rigs out there.

I agree with Rob's assessment of Steve's Razor rig... as it's shipped. The simplicity of the design is a true bonus (I've used a climbing harness for sidemount) but with a drysuit, steel bottles, stages et al, there are tools better suited.

Not a huge fan of the Nomad although Lamar has put a lot of thought and effort into adapting the Transpac unit for a different application. My personal rig is a slightly modified Recon I from Oxycheq.

The important basic first step finding a rig that is suitable for the application you intend to use it in. Second is 'editing' the rig so that it fits you and so that accessories are squared away.

Ronzo, be interested to hear about your experience on Steve B's rig since you dive in cold water.

yes I've seen Steve's Razor rig and it looks great for some light applications. I'm carrying a 108 on each side plus slinging an 02 plus a stage or three and an o2 bottle....that harness won't make it. Rob knows my intended cave diving well ...
So back to my post...looking for a nomad in XL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom