DR 700 or Salvo 12w?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why don't you send the picture of the inner tube idea along to Salvo. I already sent one of the hose clamp and they seem to think it's a reasonable option. If they're actually going to make a change, they might as well have more ideas to choose from.

Why don't you send the picture of the inner tube idea along to Salvo. I already sent one of the hose clamp and they seem to think it's a reasonable option. If they're actually going to make a change, they might as well have more ideas to choose from.

I just send them one....

Thanks
Phil

For some reason, Barry hasn't seemed too big on the idea of a more secure hard goodman mount for the 12w. I like that Salvo has an optional hard goodman available, but wish it would attach with screws, like their other lightheads/reflectors.

I am sure that Barry could come up with something that would look better than the clamp I am using. I was thinking about a 2 piece clamp that screwed together. The bottom half has the handle, either soft or hard, along with two anchor nuts. Then the top half just has two holes and two screws. You can position the handle anywhere you like it on the light head and clamp it down.

Now I personally do not know anything about manufacturing, so I do not know what would have to go into something like that, but Barry is obviously a smart man and if he really wanted to make something a little more permenant I would think that he would. I do not understand any objection to a more solidly attached handle though. I have heard him mention that due to the small size of the light head he has no way of putting a screw into the bottom like bigger light heads. Who knows, maybe the clamp around the head would defeat the purpose of the smaller light head...

If there is one complaint I have heard about the 12w LED the handle is it....

Phil

I have not used it, but from what I have read from others it does not quite keep up with the HID brother. Although I personally would probably still buy the LED version just because of the more robust bulb. But that is just me....

Hopefully someone else can better answer your question with personal experience...

Phil

For some reason, Barry hasn't seemed too big on the idea of a more secure hard goodman mount for the 12w. I like that Salvo has an optional hard goodman available, but wish it would attach with screws, like their other lightheads/reflectors.

My understanding is that the metal in the light head is too thin to take screws.

My understanding is that the metal in the light head is too thin to take screws.

I can believe that, but it was Salvo that designed the light head, and you don't necessarily need screws :) I'm just saying this topic has been brought up before with Barry, and in the end, it is what it is. There are a lot of good DIY options to more securely attach the light head though (some of them in this thread), and maybe we'll have a different design from the factory sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom