dpv

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have herd diffrent stories on them i am also looking for any diy scooters to get ideas from

Hello

Building a scooter is an act of art not putting some pieces together. This is one serious piece of life support equipment. If you know how much time, money and effort goes into making a scooter then you will be surprised. It is cheaper, safer and more realistic to just buy one. If you plan a dive with the home made scooter, and you have a failure, problem or other issue what could be a minor inconvenience could become a fatality. Just buy one that suits your type of diving or needs. For shallow rec stuff a Mako or Apollo should do just fine. For tech diving there is no substitute for the Gavin.

David

Why do you even bother coming in the diy threads. All you seem to do is bash everyone for wanting to build their own gear. Get off your DIR soapbox and quit preaching!

pcscuba once bubbled...
Get off your DIR soapbox and quit preaching!
...don't swallow the bait hook, line and sinker... DTD is just a anti-DIR troll trying to stir folks up against DIR... seems to be doing a good job of it too.:rolleyes:

Thank-you uncle pug and pcscuba
the fact of it all is that I make quite a bit of gear its all to order and i was just looking for ideas so if any one has any please let me know.:mean:
come on over to Vancouver island its great diving here
PS David how do you manage to dive when you seem to walk on water so well????? :devil:

westcoastdiver once bubbled...
come on over to Vancouver island its great diving here
Discovery passage is one of my favorite places! I also plan on getting back to the broken group one of these days.

We spend a week in Victoria every summer on our non-dive boat and this year I hope I can hook up with a local who will haul me to a dive site... interested?

BTW... if you have your scooter built by then I'll bring my Gavin.

Back
Top Bottom