DPV Scooter divers out there??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sebtdi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello Folk

Anyone up to brave fall/winter diving in south-western Ontario - particularly divers with a DPV diver propulsion vehicle aka a "Scooter" please let me know if you are interested, send me a PM. Always happy to meet new divers and willing to explore new sites!

Hello Folk

Anyone up to brave fall/winter diving in south-western Ontario - particularly divers with a DPV diver propulsion vehicle aka a "Scooter" please let me know if you are interested, send me a PM. Always happy to meet new divers and willing to explore new sites!
We dive every week throughout the year. Near Kitchener Waterloo.

I don’t have a Dpv but I could use
Yours…
SW Ontario is pretty close to me.

For lots of DPV diving you should connect with Dive Tech in Mallorytown. They scoot the St Lawrence weekly from what I've heard.
Not being near the St. Lawrence we dive scooters usually when the dive calls for it. So if we need to go far for something, survey a large area, if we plan on towing something or we need to spend a lot of time somewhere and don't want to waste it traveling. typically we scoot Wiarton to get depth or Tobermory.

As for "after season" diving, we dive a local quarry near Cambridge weekly. Call Groundhog Divers in Kitchener to arrange for passes and get on the list for a schedule. You can connect with other divers and plan dives with them. There are several in our group from your area. Half of them dive a fair amount around Barrie.

We host an annual New Year's day dive there. But you can find those closer to home in Barrie or Humber Bay park if you like. THose considers are often more windy and exposed, but they are free (for the cost of parking.)

We host ice diving courses at the quarry when we have enough students. And we host ice divers there weekly when the ice can support the weight. When ice is thin we host cave divers who use lines to navigate under ice. I enjoy under ice cave diving quite a bit. We've found some novel ways to stay warm for those too.

Finally, there is the KW Scuba Divers facebook page that arranges a monthly supper get-together for divers to chat in person. It's the 2nd Tuesday of the everymonth at a restaurant in Kitchener Waterloo. You'd be welcome there.

Back
Top Bottom