Downtown Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We want to be close enough that we can go for a walk in town and grab dinner, or stop at a local store to pick up lunch without having to drive. We probably won't be doing too much drinking since we would like to get at least 20 dives in.

Tom

I stayed at the Divi Flamingo last year and it should meet your needs. However, I'm staying at the Den Laman for my trip in a week and a half. I just found that there were other places than Divi with better deals, better accomodations (the Divi resort is nice, but I found the rooms a bit lacking), and just as convenient. It's really not bad to drive versus walk... Besides, after 4 dives a day, I felt like driving anyway :wink:

I highly recommend Divi. There are several reasons I prefer it over Buddy Dive. The dive op is great. I have had several groups go down with some special requests we made. They went way beyond what was needed to keep us happy and set the standard for customer service. The close location to Town Pier is nice also. We walked down and the Dive master brought our gear down to us. Just outside the gates of Divi is where the strand starts that leads to what you might call a downtown. Gotta love it! Hasn't been over run by cruise ship tourists yet.
Buddy's Dive staff are excellent but the hotel management was a disapointment. When I visited with a small group we were moved to a different room 3 times. The staff did not move out luggage either we were made to hang around till the rooms were prepared. The management could only say we have bigger group and need to accomidate them. I even approached them at DEMA and disscussed with the owner and said manager. Was told they would contact me with compensation. That was two years ago. There are many excellent places on Bonaire but Buddy is not a place I would risk my groups trip on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom