Downloading DV to the computer....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suggest you buy yourself a DVDRW too, they are awesome. They are very cheap too. I bought an external DVDRW for about $80 at Frys when it was on Sale. And blank DVD+R and sometimes DVD-R go on sale for about $10 for a bindle of 50. You could use the burner to back up data, back up your legally owned movies, all your video editing projects, and allot of other things too.

I have a Sony DeskTop, Sony MiniDV, Sony External Hard Drive and evertyhing works together very well. All I had to buy to capture video was the ieeee cable.

To all,

Thanks for the help with this. Just bought an internal Memorex DVD burner that will do it all, including the dual layer DVDs. Now if I can just install it right.....

Thanks!
WD

YIKES!!!

Memorex? For the love of all that is sacred... Have you opened it yet? With all the quality writers out there, you pick the K-Mart of them all.

willydiver:
To all,

Just bought an internal Memorex DVD burner that will do it all,
WD

PerroneFord:
YIKES!!!

Memorex? For the love of all that is sacred... Have you opened it yet? With all the quality writers out there, you pick the K-Mart of them all.

I remember the days when Kmart was The Store...... I was boggled between the different brands that were all priced closely and boasted the same features. I think there were Light On, Memorex, Sony, and a few others. I figured they are all made by the same few manufacturers anyway. Chalk it up to the newb computer component skills. Man, guess I better keep my warranty card handy.

It burned the first one great.

WD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom