Doubles Standing Rack for SUV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bourj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,

A while back, I saw a guy who had a fairly neat, presumably homemade rack in the back of his SUV. It essentially held his doubles upright, so when he got to a dive site, he could just sit on the back edge of the cargo area, put on the straps, and pick up the tanks.

I just bought my first set of double HP100's, and was wondering if anyone had seen or made something like this? Trying to maneuver these suckers in and out of a car is threatening to give me some sort of serious injury...

they aren't that heavy. Just lay them down, bottom facing the end of the vehicle. When you get to the dive site and are ready to get into them, stand them up. If they aren't booted you have to hold onto them, but it's fairly easy to hold the right shoulder strap with your left hand, slip your right arm through, then the rig will sit on your right shoulder. Lean them forward a bit so the rig rests on your back, then slip your left hand through the shoulder strap and you're good to go. Stand up, thread the crotch strap, and voi la.

Back
Top Bottom