Doubles, singles and boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently started diving doubles for redundancy sake. I use to carry a single 120 and a 40 stage. I find the doubles to be easier to dive than the single tank config.
UNTIL I get to the boat ladder. Double 104s are probably alittle heavier than your 119s but still I have to relax and mentally prepare to board the boat while in heavy seas.
I took time and continue to run valve drills, s-drills so that when the need arises It's second nature.
I also dive a set of 80s, (my favorites) these are a dream to dive compared to the heavier steel tanks. They also meet my standards for diving wet in warmer water.
Most of our dives we are up against our ndl's rather than gas limitations with either tanks.

I had thought about doubling my 80's. I have a pair of super 80's 8"diaX24" high that would propably work nice. I would imagine in terms of gas quantity, that I would want to use the 119's more often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom