Doubles: manifolded vs other

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So if you are diving with a buddy? Not so much for you but your buddy? Or do you just adopt the mindset that you are solo diving all the time? If not, what about my question?
You of all people should understand the value of like-equipped and trained team members. In a ID team there is no need for gas sharing. In a mixed team there is still the availablity of sharing gas. For that and most cases I keep a 7ft hose on my right post. An OOA diver may still take the reg from my mouth but should it turn out to be the left tanks I am breathing from at the time it is easy to change over to the long once the OOA diver gets it together. The same rules for gas matching apply for IDs as for MDs.

I asked about donation when I was diving with my sidemount friends, as I was backmount. They have a single long hose, and the other hose is short (but deco reg short, not 24"). They can donate the reg they are breathing, no matter which it is, or they can unclip and donate the long hose as neither tank is ever turned off. Yes, there would be a one or two second delay in donating the clipped off reg. I was okay with that, as I was diving doubles, so it would be an unusual circumstance indeed that would put me in instant OOA status.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom