Doubles bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone ever make their own doubles bands? I have access to a tig welder and both my parents are good welders.

evad:
Anyone ever make their own doubles bands? I have access to a tig welder and both my parents are good welders.
I don't recommend welding the tanks together. :wink:

I used to be a great TIG welder, and I would never have bothered welding something like that. How are you going to roll the steel into bands? Way too much work when you can buy a set used for $50.
Now some aluminum boat benches and a nice aluminum dive ladder would be noble and worthy tasks to undertake and not require rolling shapes. I don't have ready access to any decent TIG gear anymore since I left Honolulu - I have to find someone with welding stuff around down here. After I convince my wife that our boat would look 100 times better with dive benches for 6 and a nice long Christmas tree ladder.
DA - someone dumb enough to try to weld dive tanks together probably wouldn't want to waste the fills inside and empty them first. Darwinian Diving & Welding. How's life in Spearfish holding up?

Tom Winters:
I have to find someone with welding stuff around down here. After I convince my wife that our boat would look 100 times better with dive benches for 6 and a nice long Christmas tree ladder.

Maybe I'll bring the welder with me next time I come down. It justs needs a gun.

Tom Winters:
DA - someone dumb enough to try to weld dive tanks together probably wouldn't want to waste the fills inside and empty them first. Darwinian Diving & Welding. How's life in Spearfish holding up?
Good point. No need to waste the gas inside, especially if it is Nitrox.

Spearfish is great, but the water is still pretty low.

No need to weld, although you could weld instead of bolting the parts together. If you'll search, you should find directions and photos on the set up I built in '89. (I'm still using it with no problems.)

If you have some tools at your garage, you can follow Walter's DIY. It's looks a cheap and solid way.

Walter:
No need to weld, although you could weld instead of bolting the parts together. If you'll search, you should find directions and photos on the set up I built in '89. (I'm still using it with no problems.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom