double tank equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi

with double tank do we need 2 pressure gause?

i tank to use a console like wisdom 2 and a diving pressure gause

thank

With manifolded doubles the norm is a single SPG. With independent "twins" , or sidemount a SPG for each cylinder is the norm.

Having said that please seek competent training, there is a lot more to "doubles" than how many spgs……...

Tobin

there is a lot more to "doubles" than how many spgs……...

That really depends on the reason for using doubles, doesn't it?

If not, what training have they missed, those of my clubmates why do rec dives in small(ish) double sets, with just a standard rec cert?

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

To benefit the safety and not just an increase in gas volume, you have to know a few things about them. (valve shutdown, hose routing, ...) imo not enough to justify a course, except if you're completely clueless or consider that your attempts at trying to do those aren't good enough to ensure safe diving. Having someone that can help you reach a proper setup makes things easier as a whole.

My doubles have a J valve :)

DSC01973_zpsf312121a.jpg

That really depends on the reason for using doubles, doesn't it?

If not, what training have they missed, those of my clubmates why do rec dives in small(ish) double sets, with just a standard rec cert?

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

Why do you encourage irresponsible behavior?

Tobin

What irresponsible behavior is being encouraged?

Using doubles without training. We know nothing of the original posters intentions.

I've seen far too many newer divers who assume that "doubles" simply means more gas. They are ignorant of the risks associated with extended bottom times and gas planing, the increased number of failure points, the protocols for dealing with the failures, the proper operation of a manifold, both in the water and at the fill station. etc. etc. etc.

Were these topics in your BOW class?

This is exactly why I recommended "competent training" Note I did not suggest he needed a full Trimix cert.

Tobin

Using doubles without training. We know nothing of the original posters intentions.

I've seen far too many newer divers who assume that "doubles" simply means more gas. They are ignorant of the risks associated with extended bottom times and gas planing, the increased number of failure points, the protocols for dealing with the failures, the proper operation of a manifold, both in the water and at the fill station. etc. etc. etc.

Were these topics in your BOW class?

This is exactly why I recommended "competent training" Note I did not suggest he needed a full Trimix cert.

Tobin

Tobin, I know you have a lot more experience than me, so I'll say my piece and leave it at that. It seems as if an absolute statement with regards to simply asking a question was made. I'm not saying training or mentoring isn't wise, but without intent, asking a question is not irresponsible.

IF you just want more gas... then everything in your list has been covered in the OW class, or can be found in a 10 second google search (not specific for manifolds, but equipment failure is equipment failure and that was covered). Nothing irresponsible (yet).

-Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom