Double HP117's? Does anyone dive them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree Ryan on the importance of staying consistent with your rig. Once I go to doubles I know that is for the most part all I will dive. I just sold my HP133 and HP100 to Ben H. at Juturna so now I am down to 2 HP117's...and 2 pony's 19 and 30. Yeah it gets cold down there. Deepest i have reached is 73 and the zero viz layer starts at 65. On several attempts by buddy Craig and I bottomed out in the low 70's foot range. Short of dropping down in the 220 foot section which we don't want to do in zero viz we have been unable to find deeper than low 73 feet in the left section off the platform although Matt and other staff members confirmed for me there is a 110-120 foot section there. Really we just want to find out if in fact the viz opens up below 90 or so as apparently its rumored that it does but I have yet to meet someone who can confirm it. I am not sure if there is yet another thermocline below. We should connect and do some diving together. Send me IM on FB if you are on it. George Vannet.

i have 2 of them but currently just single tank them. i love them the way they trim out is awesome. im currently deciding whether to BM double them or go SM and al80s. choices!!! tagging along for peoples input

My other HP117 came today... Almost as exciting as the birth of my second child... almost. Looks like I am diving both Saturday and Sunday at Juturna with my rebreather buddy. If anyone is going to make it out there and wants to dive together let me know.

@Landlocked123, at some point I'll get up with you, it would be fun to do some dives together. Unfortunately, when I dive Juturna right now, Friday's usually work best for me. At some point I'll try for a Sat/Sun.

Yeah I was diving Fridays in July and August..we may have crossed paths. Now its back to weekends until October...then hopefully back to Fridays... I am heading out the Satruday and Sunday... Blue Go pro helmet... testing out a new Hero Session 5 with filter system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom