Double 130's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shin1999

Registered
Reaction score
Any one have these set of tanks? are they really that heavy? I am 5.9, 175 pound. I have carried double 100's but have not trided the 130s. Thanks for your information.

No...

You can do that. I am about your size. But, you had better work out at the gym regularly....:wink:

I Weigh 175 and can use the double 130's no problem. They are a good choice if you are going to dive tri-mix because at low pressure they are the same volume as double 104's. So you don't have to boost the HE pressure so high when you are filling the tanks.

do you guys hit the gym in order to carry these heavy tanks? would it help>?

shin1999:
do you guys hit the gym in order to carry these heavy tanks? would it help>?

Gym isn't a bad idea for a long run. Your joint and back are vulnerable on the shore diving. Once you are hurt, it is hard to get cured..

No weights to wear.

LOTSA GAS.

I'm 6'2", 220 lbs. & a regular at the gym for heavier weights ( no where near what I used to do - my muscle beach days are past! ) & lotsa cardio so I'd say yes, you want good leg, back & shoulder strength to handle these brutes. Further, you need to learn to handle the weight with some grace while land-bound, like gaining your feet from an arse-down position. It's great to have something to grasp to help heave the kit up with style.

When I learned to dive the MkV heavy gear, my former USN Diver / Instructor warned me "not to make that rig look bad!!"

Same goes here.

Luck to ya!

DSD

just got back from the gym. its been a while and got so tired. I would want to be ready to get those tanks and beable to carry it without problem by this summer. Does anyone seen some one unable to carry the tank or dropping them?

I'm 5'6'', 147lbs, and I can get around with them when they are on my back.

Picking them up should be a team effort, though, just to reduce the possibility of injury. They are very heavy tanks, and back injuries are tough to heal completely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom