Dots on the Inside of Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thx, *Floater*, but I think I'm going to take the seller up on her offer of a refund and keep looking. (For lightning Jets instead.)

I know you like your RUBBER straps, Walter, but both Howard and Perrone agree with me that springs are easier to manage. I guess we're just not as nimble-fingered as you. :wink:

If you end up getting these a picture would be interesting to see ... course the sizes vary so much even now within current manufacturing batches it's hard to predict sizes closely I think with SP.

annasea:
Thx, *Floater*, but I think I'm going to take the seller up on her offer of a refund and keep looking. (For lightning Jets instead.)

I know you like your RUBBER straps, Walter, but both Howard and Perrone agree with me that springs are easier to manage. I guess we're just not as nimble-fingered as you. :wink:

You can also start off with bungee straps. Just tie some bungee cord to the steel buckles.

frog_ff3.jpg

kidspot:
If you end up getting these a picture would be interesting to see ... course the sizes vary so much even now within current manufacturing batches it's hard to predict sizes closely I think with SP.
I decided to not take a chance and received a refund last night from the seller.

Tim
, you've got me a bit worried about buying fins long distance... I'm not sure how Jets are made, but I would have guessed from a mold somehow ensuring some sort of size control. Have you found there to be much difference in terms of foot pocket size from one XL to another, for example? (I'd hate to buy a Large online only to find out it's too small or big. :()

Thx for the bungee strap pics, *Floater*! :) I'll definitely keep this idea in mind.

Rule #1 when buying on ebay is "don't let the last second anxiety force your bid".

Rule #2 of buying on ebay is "If you can't varify/identify size, condition, model or accessory connections from the supplied photo or discription, don't bid".

Other wise you end up with a piece of dive gear you overpaid for and you can't use like I did with an older dry suit. I like Viking dry suits, but there are a lot on ebay that are really old, discontinued and might cost more to repair/upgrade than you should pay for.

annasea:
I decided to not take a chance and received a refund last night from the seller.

Tim
, you've got me a bit worried about buying fins long distance... I'm not sure how Jets are made, but I would have guessed from a mold somehow ensuring some sort of size control. Have you found there to be much difference in terms of foot pocket size from one XL to another, for example? (I'd hate to buy a Large online only to find out it's too small or big. :()

Thx for the bungee strap pics, *Floater*! :) I'll definitely keep this idea in mind.

If it helps, here are some pics of my gf's jets, size large:

depth.jpg

8.25" with ruler pushed in as deep as it went

height.jpg

width.jpg

If that's the size you want then I suggest you ask the seller if the foot pocket on his or her product matches those pics.

And if they don't fit in the end, then just sell them again for about the same price (give or take) and eat the loss on the shipping - shouldn't be more than $10 or so loss if they don't work out...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom