Dots on the Inside of Jet Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annasea

Contributor
Reaction score
How does one determine the size of an older model Jet fin that only has raised dots on the inside of the foot pocket? I bought a pair last night on ebay for a great price based on the assumption that they're large. When I asked for further clarification of this, I was told there wasn't actually a size marked on the fin, but that the size had been determined based on internet research. Does anyone know what the dots mean? I'm hoping they have something to do with the size.

TIA! :)

must be some really old Jets as even my non-lightning bolt jets (early 80's) have sizes marked inside the footpocket.

fwiw - all my jets have cirles in them and numbers, but they relate to manufacture date/mold info etc.. or so I've been told :wink: (makes sense since I have a couple pair of mediums and the circles and numbers don't match)

Maybe you'll just have to see if they fit? Or order a new pair from Leisurepro ...

Aloha, Tim

Thanks for the reply, Tim. The seller offered to refund my payment so I may take her up on that offer. OTOH, if they're *really* old, are they worth having from a collector's POV?

Walter:
Do you want to collect old gear or merely have it for Christmas/birthday gifts for your friends who do?
Is this a (not so subtle) hint?

As always. If I were going to buy you anything, it'd be spring straps.

annasea:
As always. If I were going to buy you anything, it'd be spring straps.

Thanks Darlin', I won't hold my breath (number one rule of SCUBA), besides why would I want them anyway?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom