Dos Ojos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are in the Yucatan area and don't dive Dos Ojo's (or Taj Majhal) you are missing one of the most incredible experiences diving can offer. Both of these cenotes (and/or maybe another) will be a MUST dive on every trip I make to the Yucatan.

This summer my buddy and I even canceled some of our open water dives so that we could check out more centote`s. I had to constantly pinch myself to remember that I wasn’t dreaming! The worlds underneath are hard to comprehend and are so imaginative that they don’t seem real. If it wasn’t for the bubbles, you would have to swear that you weren’t in water.

When we surfaced, I kept kicking myself for not bringing a camera on this trip so that I could show some of my friends. However, our dive master told us “If someone can’t at least get certified, then they don’t deserve to experience this! This is a special place, feel fortunate that you have done it first hand. No words or pictures could possible be adequate to explain this place.”

I couldn’t agree more.

We did Dos ojos and Bat cave last October, didn't make the time for it this past October. So you met Buddy and the gang at Hidden worlds? Good people.

The only thing you didn't mention was the mango roots that have grown thru the overhead and dangle in the water like angel hair. Like you, it was so relaxing and inviting. I expecially like the area right between the two eyes looking out either way and the light making the colors in the water.

This is a must for anyone visiting the Yucatan.... I was told that the (Mexico) Presidents' son died in one of the underground rivers by a local. The cenotes are very much a part of the Mayans culture, a lifesource in the limestone jungle.

:jester: tony

Read this post before I went to bed.......couldn't sleep-too excited....all I thought about were Dos Ojos.........Must do someday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom