Don't you just hate when this happens?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yea, I was hooked once on a commercial dive boat, and I did hate it.

The captain then proceeded to yell at me like it was my fault "STOP moving"

Some of the captains fish while we are down.

That safety stop's gotta be a real bear with someone trying to reel you in! :11:

I wonder what he used for bait. A scooby-snack maybe?

BTW, first aid for a fish hook injury can be kinda gruesome. If the hook is in far enough to bury the barb, then you're supposed to push the hook through further until the barb clears the skin on the other side, and then clip the barb off before pulling the hook out. I had to do that once for a kid who got a hook in his hand. I hope I don't ever have to do that again.

I was fishing off Huntington Beach Pier as a child and hooked a surfer. That was not cool. The surfer was about to climb up the pilings to get a hold of me. lol

My brothers used to get hooked all the time and would take the hook out themselves or the day of fishing would be over for us. It was pretty grusome to watch I couldn't imagine doing that myself.

I was fishing off Huntington Beach Pier as a child and hooked a surfer. That was not cool. The surfer was about to climb up the pilings to get a hold of me. lol

Hey I surfed off Huntington Beach pier 4 days a week for several years and I got hooked. Whats your address?
Just kidding about the hooked part. The waves didn't break all the way out at the end of the pier.

Back
Top Bottom