Don't underestimate your local mudhole

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I enjoy my local mudhole, and diving there doesn't disappoint. It's an old quarry about 60 feet deep max, 24 acres, and viz varies between 25 feet and 2 feet. There are 3 sunken boats, a 50 foot swim through shark, 13 training platforms, an old tire, a plane fuselage, an old Victorian coffin and a half buried tool box which I haven't seen in some time, bass, catfish, albino catfish, perch and turtles. It's a good place to practice navigation skills when viz is low. It's an hour from my house and I can dive every weekend there, and it's all good.

This is Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrell, TX :)

---------- Post Merged at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Let's hear it for CLEAR SPRINGS SP (deepintheheartaTexas!)!

Yup, that's one of "my" local mudholes, too! Great to hear from you once again, Cruiser. When are we gonna get underwater together again?

Let me know the next Sunday you're out there. I'll be diving a few more weekends, then the cold catches up with me. Haven't gotten a dry suit yet :)

~snip~
The folks whose mudholes are quarries may not have the same possibility of surprises... /~snip~
Sure we have surprises....like when you're navigating with inches of viz and you actually make it back to your original starting point. Now that's a surprise! :D

Sure we have surprises....like when you're navigating with inches of viz and you actually make it back to your original starting point. Now that's a surprise! :D

or swimming along...and thump! where did that rock come from?

... I did that once on a scooter ... thank goodness I have a hard head (and was wearing a hood) ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yeah, we have the dead trees that grab you from out of nowhere! Those dead trees can be spooky looking in low-vis. Like diving in some kind of scarey Edgar Allen Poe book.
Not to mention they're covered in fishing line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom