don't mess with the bus driver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, if you look at the very beggining the kids are taunting the bus driver and may have already threaten to attack him. I would like to know why he went to the back of the bus and what was bleeped out, just as the kid is walking up behind him it edits something out, probably just profanities.

In any case, if someone walks up behind you like that you will automatically assume they are trying to attack. I'm not saying he did the "right" thing, but I don't think it was over the top. I've seen cops do a lot worse for a lot less.

As far as I am concerned, the term "he's just a harmless kid" really does not apply today. You never know what a kid is capable of or if he has a weapon.

H2Andy:
it sure is getting harder and harder to say good things of our public education
system

Kris and I have decided to homeschool.. time and time again we are reminded that our public education system has been turned into a helter skelter day care with little to no real learning occuring beyond the structured box designed cookie cutter "learn all this to pass XYZ test so we get more money next year!" and the budgets are cut anyway... but not for sports programs, just for the programs that encourage free thinking and creativity.

CBulla:
My wife might disagree, but if either of my sons disrespect someone in any position of authority to the point of providing a distraction (he is a bus driver driving on busy roads, think about it......) and creating a situation dangerous enough that the driver believes it to warrant calling the police for assistance, and then threatening him with physical harm... HELLO! What utopia do you live in?

there is no reason for any adult employee of a school district to lay hands on a child unless there is immediate risk to the adult from the child.

that is not the case here

i can't justify that man's aggression on the kids, even if they called his mamma
a cheating dog

he called the cops. sit your butt down and wait for the cops and stop playing
Rambo

he probably just had a bad day and snapped

There is more here than meets the eye, especially a one angled camera. A good point was also mentioned by Chris Hipp a few posts earlier.. at one point that bus driver has one of the boys on each side of him in the aisle.. Why are either kid out of their seats, why have they approached him, why has either one reacted in any way physically towards this bus driver, a recognized authority figure who is tasked with getting these two disrespectful and undisciplined safely to their drop off location where they'll hopefully not run back into traffic and become a statistic (though, after seeing the tape folks probably are wondering how thats not occured yet, and should it happen their parents will surely blame the drivers for not watching for children playing in a busy intersection.. its not their fault, it can't be).

We saw this video the day before the rest of the nation as well as the interview with "maw and paw".. If you haven't seen the spitoon style interview with these Foxworthy skit candidates your missing a BIG part of the story which helps fill out the picture.

colin, the issue is not what the kids did. the issue is how this employee of
a public school district acted. he didn't ask the kid to move aside to get
back to the front of the bus. he just jumped him.

he should have never, no matter what, under no circumstances, for no reason other
than self-defense, lay a finger on that kid

i've said this enough times, so i'll shut up now

I disagree. The children were already committing a misdomeanor by disrupting a school function, and the bus driver can say that he felt threatened when the second teen came up behind him while dealing with his unruly brother. Also, they've drawn Judge Woodard who is a tough judge (I like him, he seems pretty fair).

The deputies were right on with the charges.

shark.byte.usa:
I think the kids have a good chance of getting off on self defense then, the driver struck first.

If he had let the kids off the bus, that would have opend a whole new can of worms, and made things infinately worse.

H2Andy:
but it also looks like the kid was trying to get off the bus and the drive steps
in front and doesn't let him get by at first, blocking the way.

H2Andy:
he should have never, no matter what, under no circumstances, for no reason other than self-defense, lay a finger on that kid
Ding ding... sure, the kids are brats, but the bus driver's (SUBSTITUTE bus driver's) actions are ridiculous.

Hence the battery charge.

Look. My bus driver beat my butt on several occasions when I was growing up. If I had gotten uppity with him, he would have made a special trip to my house after the route to do it, too. But then, my Grandfather drove my bus. :)

jonnythan:
Ding ding... sure, the kids are brats, but the bus driver's (SUBSTITUTE bus driver's) actions are ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom