don't mess with the bus driver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow!!!

I just saw the video on the news, he kicked the "you know what out of em", little punks got in a couple good shots on the ole' timer though. Kids charged with felonies, he's charged with a misdemeanor. Hey since when do they (passengers) wear seat belts in buses?? (Apparently what started the brawl in the first place)

dang... i hadn't seen the video

those are just kids...

seems like the guy just lost it

Yeah I think he picked the wrong day to stop sniffin' glue or somethin, he definitely lost it, when I saw it the first time, I thought I missed something in the beginning, and assumed (I know) the kids started it (the fight itself). But after seeing the whole video, I don't get why the kids are getting charged with felonies, unless they were charged before the tape was viewed, and the charges were based on (a false) statement by the driver, who clearly stepped over the line.

P.S. I wish that kids head wasn't in the way for that 10 seconds :D

Florida State Statute 784.03 defines “battery” as when a person “…actually and intentionally touches or strikes another person against the will of the other, or…intentionally causes bodily harm to another person.” This is the definition for the misdemeanor charge.

In order for the charge to be elevated to the felony level, certain other criteria must be met. Aggravated battery, a felony, is defined as when a person “…intentionally or knowingly causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement, “…or, when a deadly weapon is used.”

There are provisions within Florida Statutes for elevating a misdemeanor battery charge to the felony level when the battery is committed against particular people. Some of those instances include battery on someone who is pregnant, battery on a law enforcement officer, battery on a person older than 65 years of age and battery upon any employee of a school district. (The school bus driver is Albert M. Taylor, DOB 5/4/1939, age 66).

It is, of course, up to the prosecutor to decide what charges s/he will formally prosecute, but these will probably stand (imo).

shark.byte.usa:
But after seeing the whole video, I don't get why the kids are getting charged with felonies, unless they were charged before the tape was viewed, and the charges were based on (a false) statement by the driver, who clearly stepped over the line.

P.S. I wish that kids head wasn't in the way for that 10 seconds :D

Driving a school bus full of middle school students in traffic is not conducive to sanity. I'm surprised his actions aren't a weekly occurence. I wonder how many drivers just get off the bus and walk away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom