Don't get me wrong! I hate Larry @ Scubatoys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
I hate Larry at Scubatoys because of the following reasons;

1. Super quick shipment: Larry ships out the order so quickly, so whenever I need to add a few more stuff, the previous order package has already been to me. He must use the overnight shipping. So, sometimes, there is no chance to combine the shipping. :06:

à One point minus.

2. Un-negotiable price: Larry doesn’t give any room to negotiate his price because his offer (already lowered price) makes me to be quite. He used to make a fun of me by saying “It is a pretty good price, isn’t it?” I can’t reply, “NO.”:no What can I say to him? Please give me a hint.

à Two point minus

3. Service quality: I have always sought vengeance for his making fun of me. I had an issue about UK light and contacted Larry and UK by email simultaneously. When I got the reply from UK, the replacement from Larry was already in my hands. Again, he won. Darn!:lightingz

à One point minus

4. Hidden inventory: Sometimes, Larry doesn’t know what he has because his shop is too big to find out all inventory. He said, “I am going to make special order for you (of course, I am a customer and you are a business man). I will ship out the item in stock at first. You will get the special ordered item as soon as we get it.” Yahoo, it is my turn, :comeandge “huh, so there is something you don’t have in stock.” But, when I got the first shipment, all items were in there. Yes, he has almost everything in stock. I was a Sucker! :splat:

à One point minus

5. Know too much: Before making an order, I used to research a lot here and got some idea what/how to order. But, when I talked/met Larry, my knowledge used to be a trifle compared to his archives and connections. :bash: He also read this board everyday, so how can I beat him. In addition, he even keeps a cell phone number of Oceanic president to ensure the quick warranty service and keeps contacting Scott (Zeagle).

à One point minus

He lost 6 points so far. It is a pretty bad, isn’t it? I must hate him, but I am calling now to make another shot at Scubatoys. I dislike myself by calling him again even though I hate him.:banghead:

So, do you hate Larry, too?

Super quick shipping -- My *****

I ordered a wet suit around noon time one day and didn't receive it untill late the next day!

I called the other day and asked how much a new Atmos Computer was, and he told me in these exact words to "blow it out my A#@" and he had gotten out from underneath his already low prices. Then he told me to take my business elsewhere if I could find a lower price, but I can't.

Lil' Irish Temper:
he told me in these exact words to "blow it out my A#@"

It appears that the server truncated your post... I believe it was "Blow it out my.. self... using an air adapter that can attach to your power inflator to assure no moisture is near the battery compartment before you change the battery on the computer. Then make sure you don't use too much lube before tightening the battery compartment back up".

Wasn't it something like that? :wink: ... er... oh, maybe you were right...

I can't belive that there is more than 100 hit within 24 hours..... I guess everybody loves Larry........ Gee~~~~

Thanks Larry! You are ROCK!!!! It was a darn good service and business.

Don't forget I have another shot....:wink:

I called Larry yesterday. He answered the phone. Can you believe the owner answering his own phone?

I expected to be on hold at least 15 minutes so I could listen to some music. The nerve of him!

I told him it was time for a new reg. He actually asked me questions as to what type of diving (ice of course) I wanted to do.

He then asked me even more questions about 1st and 2nd stages and such. What? I'm a scuba diver. I'm supposed to know about stages too? The nerve of him.
:winky:

Anyway, we're ending up with a Zeagle. :D

I guess it's more of a love/hate relationship we have. :kiss:

I tried to get some free information on regulators from those guys and couldn't. After spending all the time I wanted picking his brain about regulators, I went off to buy one somewhere else cheaper. :eyebrow:

But I couldn't find a better price so I had to buy my Atomic M1 (they suggested it due to my cold water diving) from Scuba Toys, so they ended up with my money after all.

Those crooks....

Natasha:
I called Larry yesterday. He answered the phone. Can you believe the owner answering his own phone?

I expected to be on hold at least 15 minutes so I could listen to some music. The nerve of him!

I told him it was time for a new reg. He actually asked me questions as to what type of diving (ice of course) I wanted to do.

He then asked me even more questions about 1st and 2nd stages and such. What? I'm a scuba diver. I'm supposed to know about stages too? The nerve of him.
:winky:

Anyway, we're ending up with a Zeagle. :D

I guess it's more of a love/hate relationship we have. :kiss:

See, THESE are the stories ~I~ like!!!

:D

ScottZeagle:
See, THESE are the stories ~I~ like!!!

:D

Scott... What da' heck are you doing up at this hour... It's past midnight there... and from you being here for the InTenCityTour show, I know your a light weight... go to bed!

Larry does drive a hard bargin. As to what I think...let me get back to you after I see what he has to say on his PM.

BTW, Zeagle and Scubatoys...gotta love 'em.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom