Don't forget about Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
List,
There are loads of wrecks in the Gulf of Thailand. In the past 18 months we have dove 7 that we believe we where the first to dive. The wrecks are usually between 55-65 meters with descent visibility. We just got a list of 48 more wrecks from a Data base where we will be planning many more trips. Next one will be in September on a wreck that is about 100 meters long and about 75 meters deep. The next day we will dive a Drilling ship that was capsized in 1991 during typhoon Gay. Usually we have excellent blue waters till about 40 meters deep then slowly goes decreases.
Thailand has alot of descent inland lakes that people are interested to try. Not long ago we dove a cavern and a small cave which was some of the most interesting dives this year (next to the engine room of the King Cruiser). Just north of Bangkok by a few hours there are some cities that are underwater near a dam. One place there is a Buddah temple at 120 meters deep which I have the GPS heading for.
There's alot of places outside the U.S. where there is alot of unexplored dive spots.

Bruce

Anders,

I am located in Pattaya just south of Bangkok. I travel down to Phuket often to teach technical courses. I have some people wanting me to teach some courses down there over Christmas but am wanting to get down there earlier. There is a cave down there that I want to check out.

Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom