Donsol/ Ticao - Is Feb too early for Whalesharks/ Mantas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now back to the original questions on Donsol...

Where to stay??

Which dive op who can provide snorkeling with the Whale Sharks in Donsol and dives around the area (Ticao?)?

try adventurebound pak. Conz Paz +639176303400. he's a college buddy who's been credited for discovering manta bowl in ticao.

they are GUE but are not straight-laced nor do they impose it on their divers. i have a friend who dive with them in tubbataha every and i doubt very much that she'll toe GUE line.

Steady Freddie?!?! bahahaha

Sure thats not in Brooklyn?

that was my first thought as well... But you gotta love the shop name.

Looking at adventurebound's website, must be tiring swimming after whalesharks with that rebreather and all those bailouts... :eyebrow: j/k jigo - good to know they won't jump on me for my red wetsuit... (well my mask is black... :D)

Pak - I stayed at Ticao Island resort in late Feb '06 - the resort is kind of like Cabilao. Fairly basic, but still nice. Food is good, no one trying to sell you a fake Rolex, and you are right on the beach with hammocks all around. they also happily do 3 - 4 dives a day.

It's a pain to get to from Legazpi - even with private transport you should bank on at least 2.5 - 3hrs - more if the weather turns nasty and the bangka is crawling.

The diving around San Mig island is also quite nice once everyone has gotten sick of being hooked to the bottom of a submerged island with a ripping current. They usually do 2 dives at Manta Bowl, and then 2 around San Mig island each day. After it all, you are usually very happy to eat and sleep, but here is a bar.

I was very happy with it when I went, and would go back. would love a DOR there, actually...

z...

Back
Top Bottom