Donation of used wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Esteban

Registered
Reaction score
Is there any place/organization (local preferred) that I can donate some lightly used wetsuits? I've got a 3mil shorty, 3mil full and 3mil hooded vest to let go. The shorty has maybe 50 dives, the full has about ten and the hooded vest has never been worn in the water.

Any thoughts?

I have a 7mm (medium) about 25 dives. I know there must by kids, with little money, what want to get into diving/snorkeling, and this gear could help them out.

You might want to check with some of the Scubaboard posters in the forum on scouting/youth diving groups. I seem to remember that Net Doc is quite involved.

Geezer:
You might want to check with some of the Scubaboard posters in the forum on scouting/youth diving groups. I seem to remember that Net Doc is quite involved.

Irecently took on the job of trying to sell a few boxes of used scuba gear. All the gear was donated. I sold off some cameras, fins, masks and SPGs but I'll tell you it is darn hard to unload the used wetsuits even good ones I have some good suits priced as "offer". Had a nice womens 7mm suit go for $35. I'm about ready to sell it as scrap, mouse pads or whatever. I put adds up like "wmns size 10 ful suit $30" and nothing.... The other thing that is becomming hard to sell are film based cameras, theywent for 1/5th their retail prices

That said, I'll take them if they are in good sellable condition and 7mm thick.

All the money is going to this cause http://www.helptravis.org/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom