Don Foster's Changes Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It must have been fun while it lasted.:D

Actually, it was! I did a 1-tank Sting Ray City dive with Don Foster's on Sunday, which I haven't done for years. Stinky the Dolphin followed the boat all the way out to the site and busied himself rubbing up against the mooring line while we got in the water. I wasn't too interested in the sting rays so I swam over to watch Stinky do his thing. That distracted him, so he came over to the group and started giving each diver a close inspection. He seemed to have definite amorous intentions regarding my wife. Eventually, he tried (?) to bite someone on the ankle so we called the dive. Good fun!

Actually, it was! I did a 1-tank Sting Ray City dive with Don Foster's on Sunday, which I haven't done for years. Stinky the Dolphin followed the boat all the way out to the site and busied himself rubbing up against the mooring line while we got in the water. I wasn't too interested in the sting rays so I swam over to watch Stinky do his thing. That distracted him, so he came over to the group and started giving each diver a close inspection. He seemed to have definite amorous intentions regarding my wife. Eventually, he tried (?) to bite someone on the ankle so we called the dive. Good fun!

Alex, thanks for the vivid images. That sounds like quite the adventure. Stinky needs therapy for sure. I've always wanted to encounter dolphins on a dive, but I read an account of Stinky pinning a diver to the sea floor last year!

Does anyone know what the story is with him? Is it unusual for dolphins to be "loners" as he is? Was he formerly in captivity???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last time I was on Island we did the Sting Ray city dive but didn't see Stinky.In fact no one even mentioned him I thought he was gone.

stinky smile.jpg

We see him a few times a week! Funny guy....:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom