Dolphins in Hurghada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MonkSeal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm sorry but I have to make jealous. Best dive in my life. After few minutes of dive, seven dolphins joined us (two mothers with babies, two young males and one older male) and played at least ten minutes. On the second dive at same location four of them found us again and let us play again. I made a video clip (very good) and few photos (not so good), others made better pictures but I don't have it yet. I'll post video clip when I'm back (I have to compress it and convert to AVI or MPEG).

You're right...I'm jealous! What a great experience.

I've had wild dolphins swim with us one a dive in Cozumel a few years ago. It was amazing!

MonkSeal:
I'm sorry but I have to make jealous. Best dive in my life. After few minutes of dive, seven dolphins joined us (two mothers with babies, two young males and one older male) and played at least ten minutes. On the second dive at same location four of them found us again and let us play again. I made a video clip (very good) and few photos (not so good), others made better pictures but I don't have it yet. I'll post video clip when I'm back (I have to compress it and convert to AVI or MPEG).
That is just SOOOOO not fair..... I can't wait to see the video..... SOO not fair... I feel a temper tantrum coming on..... wah..............

It would be FANTASTIC if you could take individual frames from each dolphin type (baby, adult, subadult, etc.) and post them. I've never seen an underwater photographic breakdown of a pod before. I'm quite surprised you had an adult male with them... they aren't normally part of maternity pods... WAIT what kind of dolphins are these? Are those pantropicals?

oh very nice!

i'm jealous

archman:
It would be FANTASTIC if you could take individual frames from each dolphin type (baby, adult, subadult, etc.) and post them. I've never seen an underwater photographic breakdown of a pod before. I'm quite surprised you had an adult male with them... they aren't normally part of maternity pods... WAIT what kind of dolphins are these? Are those pantropicals?

It was Tursiops truncatus.

Well, I guess it was adult male. Maybe it wasn't so adult :)

I'll try to cut separate frames in few days. On our second dive my buddy took a video camera and made a video mother breasfeeding her baby. When we process that I'll post it too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom