Dolphins are man's freind and we should protect them

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishb0y:
Funniest thread I've read so far!

This thread is in the 'Basic Scuba Discussions" area it is not meant as comic relief :D But if you find it funny thanks :)

pilot fish:
They are released :shakehead

Yeah ok you believe that and I will believe what I believe. . . enjoy fantasy land BTW. . . say hi to my EX-Girlfriend while your there. . .

So what is the common (problem) denominator here? It's the humans. If we didn't need the navy bases, we wouldn't need the dolphins. I think we should remove the humans from the equation. I have a list of names to get started on...:D

We actually suck as a species sometimes...We create the problem, are late to recognize the problem, and screw things up even more trying to solve the problem!

BTW, I hear dolphin tastes like chicken...:wink:

jhbryaniv:
So how is it good for the dolphin?

It's lowering the dolphin unemployment rate?

phunk:
It's lowering the dolphin unemployment rate?

I think this is one of a few good answers to this question :D :rofl3:

This actually kills two birds with one stone.

We could locate both scuba diving terrorists AND sharks with frikkin laser beams!

I don't know about all of you, but this is the scariest part of that article to me:

Sea lions can carry in their mouths special cuffs attached to long ropes. If the animal finds a rogue swimmer, it can clamp the cuff around the person's leg. The individual can then be reeled in for questioning.

Can you imagine... taking some pics of a star fish... floating along.... all of a sudden... CLAMP!!!!!. Holy S&$$t!!! What the *&(*(). I'm getting reeled in by a sea lion!!!!

That'd ruin your dive AND I'm guessing they don't do safety stops on the way up, those goofy sea lions!

Humorous story I have about these dolphins...
Last summer during the RIMPAC Exercise at Pearl Harbor; I was working with the Harbor Patrol Security Unit.
One of the guys I was working with was commenting about these 'mini-submarines' that he saw at the mouth of the harbor.
Come to find out that the dolphins were also here for the exercise. No matter how much we tried to explain that the 'submarines' were actually dolphins, he was convinced that we were *******'n with him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom