Dolphin Service and training in So Cal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpitz31

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello All,

Just wondering if there are any dive shops in the Southern California area (San Diego) who still service and have training courses for the Dolphin?

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe,
I think that Water Ranch might do it. I know that they do CCR training for the revo. You can try giving them a call. You can go to their website here: Smile, Open Wide, and Eat Life Whole® | Water Ranch® You can also check out SDTechDiving. It is another forum where most of the guys are rebreather divers. They should be able to point you in the right direction.
HTH,
Dane

Thanks Dane,

I have called the Water Ranch and left a message.

Joe

Let me know what you find out. I have been looking at the Dolphin as a first step into a rebreather. It will still be some time before I make the leap but it is good to know who works on them in the area.

Dane

If you go on either PADI or TDI's website you can search for courses(such as SCR courses) in your area.

Dane,

I spoke with Robin, the resident Dolphin expert at Water Ranch. They are certified to service and repair the Dolphin, as well as other rebreathers and provide training courses. They can provide training with the following agencies: TDI, ANDI, IANTD and others.

Thanks

Joe

Just some information as a RB instructor - the Atlantis/Dolphin was/is a entry-level rebreather from a decade ago. That being said it is an older design which really doesn't save the diver much in the way of total weight, added bottom time, or swimming efficacy vs. a simple set of doubles.

A simple search on Rebreather World should reveal threads about folks migrating from the Dolphin to CCR, or MCCR. The Sport Kiss is an almost ideal and cost competitive entry-level MCCR (mechanical closed circuit rebreather) that is smaller than the Dolphin, increased bottom time as you have full control over your PO2 and doesn't gurgle bubbles like SCR's. That being said, if your peruse Ebay you can often find divers unloading their Dolphin SCR's quite regularly.

X

Back
Top Bottom