Doing my Dive Master in PG?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pbb? i like young :) i bought the books should i just read them and do the knowledge reviews?

Read it all, do all the knowledge reviews. Then read it all again (or as often as you can). It will help tremendously and you'll breaze through the exams...:cool2:

pbb? i like young :) i bought the books should i just read them and do the knowledge reviews?

What would be considered the average amount of time for DM if you read all the material ahead of time? Also, what are the price ranges. I go every year and spend about a month in the PI in Anilao and was hoping this would be enough time. I enjoy PG much more though.

In all honnesty Blue, it really depends on you and how fast you learn/ are able to apply what is tought to you. If it takes several tries to master a theory/ practical subject, then your DM course will take more time. If you catch on fast and are able to apply the techniques quickly, it will be fast! If you are fast at taking stuff up, it definetly can be done in 2 weeks (of course you won't get much hands on experience with customers in that time). Take longer if you can (even if all is done in 2 weeks) so you can work out some experience there.

That's why I recommend doing all the reading/ knowledge reviews ahead of time, and re-reading everything as many times as possible. Then, when your instructor explains something to you, you really know what he is talking about (read it several times before) and it sinks in so much faster. Plus, no need to stay up late reading... You can stay up late drinking beer! :coffee::D

I had done all the reading-reviews before and re-read everything a second time (for both Rescue and DM). My instructor quicly understood how ready I was (concerning theory) so we spent much more of our time doing practical work...

Just my 0.02$:coffee:

What would be considered the average amount of time for DM if you read all the material ahead of time? Also, what are the price ranges. I go every year and spend about a month in the PI in Anilao and was hoping this would be enough time. I enjoy PG much more though.

my reason for doing my DM was costwise; cheaper than all dives seperately. And i liked guiding, being involved; the dive life experience. If you wanna party and drink for a month you are better off making a deal for a number of dives

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom