Doing Classes with Surface Interval in October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarrett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just signed up with Debra over at Surface Interval to do my PADI AOW, EFR and Rescue classes with them over the next few weeks. She mentioned that a few of the Scubaboard folks were also attending the classes, but I forgot the names.

I thought I would post and see if I could find who was going to be there and say hi ahead of time. I'm really looking forward to the classes and hoping I can make it through :) I'm already a little nervous about the deep dive in the AOW class. My deepest to this point is 33 feet, so the 80+ foot at the dark bottom of Lake Whitney has me a little anxious, hehe. I've heard the Rescue class is no walk in the park either.

Anyway, is there anyone else out there signed up for some of these classes?

Jarrett:
I just signed up with Debra over at Surface Interval to do my PADI AOW, EFR and Rescue classes with them over the next few weeks.
I plan on doing my AOW as soon as I can after returning from Cozumel. Everyone I talk with says that the Rescue is the most rewarding, but challenging, class they take.

... the 80+ foot at the dark bottom of Lake Whitney has me a little anxious, hehe. I've heard the Rescue class is no walk in the park either.
Lake Whitney, huh. I havent been there yet, but would love to go. It is only about :30 or so from me. I have a contour map of Whitney and it shows some flooded homesites on the map. I wonder if they would be worth looking for.

Willie

Walk in the park if you prepare for class and communicate with your instructor.

The S.I. Staff is well educated and very proficient at teaching this should be a fun time and the learning is great.

Being nervous about the deep dive is normal but just like everything else in life we grow and take a few steps at a time. It is important to continue your dive education; classes are created in a modular format and there is a lot of space to cover. Remember early scuba courses were at least 1 year long- now we have made it a lot more accessible to people.

Enjoy the classes, and have fun diving. This would be a great first step towards diving at Flower Gardens next summer.

I was going to sign up for Rescue in October, but my work schedule did not jive with it, so I'm going to have to wait until next spring, I guess. :frown:

Hmmm, are you talkin about EFR on the 8th and then rescue the following weekend? Cuz, if so, I'll be there.

Yeah well, EFR is on the 4/6th for me. Then rescue on the 15/16th. AOW on the weekend in between.

Yeah we have two EFR classes, one on the 4th and 6th and one just for Truckdiver on the 8th. He's special....or until we have another person sign up for it. LOL! We have 5 people in the Rescue class for the 15-16. See y'all then!

I was nervous about the Deep and more so the night dive when I took my AOW. If you think about it, it can make you nervous but once you are in the water past the first 20 feet or so it really doesn't feel that different. Course thats' from someone who's deepest dives have been to 86'. Do pay more attention to air consumption. You use it alot faster the deeper you go.

jstuart1:
Do pay more attention to air consumption. You use it alot faster the deeper you go.

Also, rent or borrow a good 7mm wetsuit with gloves and hood. It's gonna be chilly down there. Just look at it as a cold water night dive :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom