Doh. Auto collision = no divey.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KansaiKitsune

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey SBers. Was looking forward to meeting up with the rest of you in the NW FL area, but was involved in a serious car crash on Sunday. Was lucky to walk away with a fractured wrist and a couple fractured fingers. Person who hit me wasn't injured at all. Doc says 4 weeks in this cast and a few more to get full usage back -- no carrying tanks for a bit. :(

On the upside, I'll have to get a new vehicle -- one that can carry my gear. So maybe I will make September, and winter in the springs. Take care out there. Ironically, I feel safer under tons of seawater than I do on the roads.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your wreck and injuries. But, mind the Doctor and you will be back diving in no time. I am happy you are OK.

We'll keep you up on pictures and dive reports. Time will fly!

I wondered where you disappeared to. Sorry to hear about your wreck. Time to look at a Subie or an Element! Or maybe a (dare I say) pickup truck.

Sorry to hear about your accident. :( That bites the big one.

I wonder if you can get some additional pain and suffering money due to being denied the ability to dive. :eyebrow:

I've heard the Avalanche is a good vehicle option.

PerroneFord:
I wondered where you disappeared to. Sorry to hear about your wreck. Time to look at a Subie or an Element! Or maybe a (dare I say) pickup truck.
I'm looking at a Chevy HHR! Its design is based on the old "Woody" station wagons that the oldschool surfers used to use to carry their boards and gear around on the West Coast!

b021-hhr-sub-0605n_06-21-2005_FJ6QAMK.jpg

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I'll be back under before too long!

Be mindful of the load height. In some cases the car-type vehicles load deck is so low to the ground, it's hard to get your gear on while seated. Something like a small pickup is often better.

dude, too bad about the injuries (hope you got some good drugs :wink:)

sweet about the new car, though

H2Andy:
dude, too bad about the injuries (hope you got some good drugs :wink:)

sweet about the new car, though

They offered me narcotics but I didn't take them. I'll save myself for narcosis. :D I actually don't like the ones that make you dopey. I went back to work the day after. Typing this with one hand! Luckily the one I broke is not my dominant or writing hand.

I'm just doing Tylenol at the moment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom