Dog seizures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrQuest

Reaction score
# of dives
Although, we just had a major problem with dog and catfood being poisoned, I want to bring up the matter of dogs having what seem to be seizures from before then.
First abit of explanation for this post, I have two dogs, Frisbee ate some of the dog food that was contaminated, she seems to be alright although a little stranger behavior.
My other dog Boomer didn't like that kind of food, he preferred a dry dog food, and nothing seemed to change with him, but boomer in the past had gotten these strange episodes of what could be decribed as seizures with these symptoms he also lost control of his hind legs and tended to have what looked like madcow desease, he hasn't had them for about a year, but today he had a relapse, and there is one thing that is very strange about how these happen. I use to get my dogs the soup bones sold in the local grocery store, and yesterday I gave both of my dogs a treat, at first they acted like they were already full, not caring about nice soup bones, but then they did start knawing on them, because I made mental notes of what they ate when he had the last episode, I tend to believe there is strong proof that there is something not good for dogs in these bones, it didn't happen when they ate the center cut bones, but it has happened on two occasions that I can attest to on soup bones that also contained the part of the ball socket of the cow.
I don't have proof at this time, and I'm not going to use my dogs as guinnie (sic) pigs, to check out my theory, which is pretty evident, please if you have a dog that has had seizures please respond to this thread.

I used to give the JR's soup bones all the time. They never even had an upset stomach. They are both 9 and I've never even had to take them to the vet for anything other than routine care. I feed the JR's science diet and they do very well on it. I would definately talk to your vet about your dog's health. Seizures are nothing to mess around with.

Being a vet myself and the owner of a dog that has had at least one seizure, I would concur with the previous post - you really need to discuss this with your vet. Many things can cause seizures and there are conditions that can cause signs which may resemble them but are not actually true seizures.

Back
Top Bottom