Does this itinerary work? Bimini Hammerheads + Freeport / Tiger Beach (day trips)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluesails

Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking through an idea for a post-Christmas Bahamas trip in February 2025 and would appreciate if folks told me whether this itinerary is possible or practical! My partner and I can't afford to do it by liveaboard and are trying to minimize how many full vacay days we request from work, though we do work remotely which helps with flexibility.
  • Day 1: Land in Freeport
  • Days 2-3: Tiger Beach, with one day wiggle room if there's weather trouble; work remotely on the day we don't dive
  • Day 4: More remote work, then fly to Bimini in the PM
  • Days 5-6: Hammerheads, with one day as an extra 2-tank diving day around Bimini or snorkeling / beach time if weather is bad
  • Day 7: Return home
We would most likely do everything through Neal Watson as it was my understanding that most Tiger Beach dive packages are for diving all three days (rather than just 1 day). I know that only doing two days in each place increases the risk of weather blowouts but it sounds like Neal Watson does a pretty good refund / store credit policy. Would really appreciate if anyone could let me know if they've done something like this before!

Back
Top Bottom