Does this Happen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok I will admitt this that when I Finally decided to scuba dive, I didn't shop around...

I was driving and went by a shop that had a big air balloon in the parking lot and a sign that said 'SALE' I have had many close encounters of scuba in my life but at that moment in time had more money than wisdom, yes the cute young female worker was enough of a flirt to get my money and signed me up on the spot.

then my education began

A year later

I am known at three shops

Shop A I was trained at

Shop B, well I consider my LDS and also consider it the Best LDS and will compare any other shop I go to to it..and will be much more once the pool is built

Shop C has a pool and offers Kids diving my son loves it

I as I make my weekly rounds see different things and take note and brings me to this questions for the masses..

first, how is the best way to tell someone to shop around, as in don't make the same mistake I made, that is spend to much money..While in the store??

I tell myself it is their money they can do with it as they will but why pay more than you need to? do I have a ethics problem?

As with anything that concerns money or religion it is usually better to keep your comments to yourself, unless the person you are trying to help is a friend who might not become annoyed with your opion on thier LDS.I'm sure you've seen the many comments on this site and many others discussing online vs. LDS

Back
Top Bottom