Does this fit right?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deco_martini

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How can I tell if my new suit fits? What areas should it be snug in? What areas of tightness mean I need a size larger?

I used the sizing chart and found something in my height/weight/chest measurement but I need to know how tight its supposed to be.

A little snug is ok. Tight is not. It also depends on that the suit is. If it's thick and warmth is an issue, loose isn't good.
Of course, lots of people don't match measurements for "standard" sizes.

I know all this is very vague, but such is life. If you want real fit, get custom made.

That would depend on what type of suit you are wearing, a wetsuit? thickness? or a drysuit? and if a drysuit what type of dry suit i.e construction?

A wet suit is all about fit, the idea is that it stops as much water entering, flushing, the suit as possible. However it should not turn you blue either. If the suit is a thick 7mm movement will me be more restricted than if wearing a 3mm.

If you can provide a little more info that would be helpful. Cheers.

*Sorry just noticed I'm in Lavacores forum so will assume you're talking about a Lavacore suit. Due to materials used they will not fit as snuggly as a wetsuit. I own a Lavacore top and it fits much looser than my suit. It's more like a tight-ish T shirt. Once it's wet it gets a little looser.

Last edited:
It shouldn't be baggy, but don't be surprised if there are a couple of wrinkles in the chest and shoulder area. If you have to stretch it to within an inch of its life to get it on, don't buy it. I'm 5' 11", 200# and went with an XL based on chest measurement. I couldn't get my shoulders into the one that was indicated for my weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom