Does this exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I'll bite. Have you tried diving with a BP/W with a crotch strap? If not, don't knock it till you try it. If yes, I apologize in advance for bringing it up.

Yes, I have and just didn't care for it. No offense taken.

My LDS said I could try several of the BCD's mentioned in this thread at the pool.I will try to make an informed decision after trying several different brands and styles. Thanks!!!

I have used the ScubaPro Litehawk on a recent dive trip to Puerto Rico. It is relatively compact and light weight, so good for travel. I was able to put 7 pounds in each weight pocket, you might squeeze in 8. Since I wasn't wearing a wet suit, I could dive without a weight belt. It worked flawlessly and provided superb buoyancy control. It certainly provides more than enough lift, I suppose so that it can be used for cold water diving.

If you take the un- needed trim weights off the back of the Stiletto it will be one pound lighter and pack smaller, and still be a superior diving rig.
Again, the Stiletto and Scout are quite similar in appearance but have huge differences.

Scout Stiletto
2 year warrranty, Lifetime warranty
trim weigh system only Ripcord system plus removable trim weights system
Sewn shoulders Removable shoulders for custom fit

My post didn't show as I had prepared it in two colums, showing the differences betweeen two models.
Sorry for the confusion!:dork2:

It showed up that way in the emails I get from threads I subscribe to. :D

If you take the un- needed trim weights off the back of the Stiletto it will be one pound lighter and pack smaller, and still be a superior diving rig.
Again, the Stiletto and Scout are quite similar in appearance but have huge differences.

Scout Stiletto
2 year warrranty, Lifetime warranty
trim weigh system only Ripcord system plus removable trim weights system
Sewn shoulders Removable shoulders for custom fit

I have an old Escape which is similar to Stiletto and I've removed the trim pockets and instead use two quick remove XS Scuba wt pockets on the upper tank band. I find this works better for correcting my trim.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom