Does the Coral Princess have dive lockers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Cancelled my reservation at the El Cid because of the cruise ships right there as well as the "cruzeros" themselves invading the hotel are.

Am ready to book the Coral Princess. Anyone know if they have dive lockers?

Thanks,

Sy

No lockers. The hotel is about 1 mile north of the downtown ferry pier. Most operators will not pick up from the northern hotels. there are just a couple who will. Caribe Blu 1 mile from the El Cid is a very nice 22 room hotel on the water. Rooms have tv, Ac, and mini fridge. Very quiet and peaceful with a good on-site dive operation. $65-85 per night depending on time of year. Not an AI but a 15 min walk to town or $3-5 cab ride. Take cab to any fine restaurant then walk it off back to hotel.
Best place to get good price there is Cozumel

Lou

I don't know about other operators, but Pepe will pick up at Princess. See the boats there all the time.

When I stayed there, I didn't dive with them, but talked with them a bit. Seemed very professional and no one at the hotel complained (met some divers in the pool one night). I also saw Papa Hogs pick up from there twice. The hotel is VERY nice and the staff is fantastic, but it was too far from town for my liking. I prefer to be able to walk into town whenever I like.

I was at the Casa Mexicana earlier this year and hated the location and didn't really care for the hotel either.

At times a complete swarming zoo from the cruise ships and crass salespeople outside the stores. I swore I would never return to Cozumel altogether but then decided the hotel was in an awful location and I should never have gone their to begin with.

Is the Coral Princess within walking distance of a convenience store for some basics?

I'm also trying to find out whether the Park Royal all-inclusive has pier or shore diving and lockers on site. Anyone know the name of the Dive Op there?

Sy

When I stayed there, I didn't dive with them, but talked with them a bit. Seemed very professional and no one at the hotel complained (met some divers in the pool one night). I also saw Papa Hogs pick up from there twice. The hotel is VERY nice and the staff is fantastic, but it was too far from town for my liking. I prefer to be able to walk into town whenever I like.

I was at the Casa Mexicana earlier this year and hated the location and didn't really care for the hotel either.

At times a complete swarming zoo from the cruise ships and crass salespeople outside the stores. I swore I would never return to Cozumel altogether but then decided the hotel was in an awful location and I should never have gone their to begin with.

Is the Coral Princess within walking distance of a convenience store for some basics?

I'm also trying to find out whether the Park Royal all-inclusive has pier or shore diving and lockers on site. Anyone know the name of the Dive Op there?

Sy

Park Royal doesn't have an onsite dive shop to my knowledge. The closest grocery store to Coral Princess is about a mile towards town and it's called Sedena. It's very small and has a limited selection.

As far as Casa Mexicana being an "awful location," well, that is completely subjective. Some people stay there BECAUSE OF the location.

You say you think it's ridiculous that Scuba Club doesn't have TV's or phones in the room, again a subjective point, that's what some people LOVE about the place.

You canceled your reservation at El Cid because you didn't want to look at cruise ships all day...well, Park Royal is right next door and shares the same alcove.

Something tells me you're not going to really be happy with anywhere you choose in Cozumel, especially if you are set on the shore diving. This is not Bonaire or Curacao.

Sy

I don't consider walking two miles, one with a couple of bags of groceries "walking distance" but the room have full size kitchens including fridges. Take a cab to San Francisco or Cedraui, load up and fill up the fridge/cupboards. Another really nice feature was $6.00 US for a 5 gallon jug of water. We made ice with it and always had water readily available for whatever.

You will see the cruise ship coming and going, and if you look out your balcony to the left you can see them docked. Didn't run into one cruiser the week we were there because there are no shops or restaurants (save the ones at the resort) nearby.

There were some little patches of reef in front of the hotel, we snorkled them a few times. I guess you could dive them if you wanted, contact Pepe's .

To each his own and it sounds like the CP is more your style. Go and have a blast!

Coral Princess is a very nice choice for a hotel in Cozumel, somewhat off the beaten path, but only a 30 peso/3$ short taxi drive into town. The Coral Princess is reasonably priced, clean, and the service uniformly dependable. The rooms are decent sized, with pressurized showers, and soft sheets/towels. Ocean views are predictably lovely.

The on-site dive op, Pepe's, makes me a little nervous. They tend to mix divers of all skills on a single boat, the attention to safety at times seemed a bit odd, and the rental equipment is not in top form.

If staying at the Coral Princess, I recommend Albatros divers who dock in the little harbor with an old tower lighthouse 500 yards south of the Coral Princess, an easy walk along a protected roadway.
icon_lol.gif

The quick answer is: no.

(I think I put this in the wrong location; how do I delete myself from here?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom