Does the Aqualung Zuma have additional weight pocket accessories ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Carrig

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've currently got 16 lbs in the Zuma and I'm still positive on the surface.

I'm 215, 6' 1", using an Aqualung Aquaflex 5M suit.

The Zuma weight pockets will only hold up to a 4 lb weight due to the physical size, 5lb's is too large to fit, to I've got two 4's in each side.

Still cant achieve the buoyancy I'm oooking for an think another 4 lbs might do it.

Would rather not use a weight belt if possible, so wanted to see if there is a way I can add more wqeight to the Zuma.

Thanks all.

The Zuma BC was intended for bare skin, shortie and 3mm full suit diving. You may not have yourself the right BC for 5mm of rubber blubber. But, accessory weight pockets for the cambands are available from AL and each will hold about 4 pounds. There is room on the camband for two pockets. You could use the XS brand pockets, still only about 4 pounds capacity.

N

Another option, since you are already stuck with the wrong BC for your temperate water diving (as opposed to warm/tropic for which the Zuma is marketed). Use a false camband on the bottom section of the tank strictly for the purpose of adding two more weight pockets (AL or XS). That should give you capacity for up to 24 pounds of lead. N

Back
Top Bottom