Does PADI care?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This issue has nothing to do with PADI, it's about a Captain breaking the law. Call the local relevant law enforcement and report it (Game Warden or Harbor Master, etc.) Take pictures from shore if you can.

They care very much. Before PAADI gives out their prestigious 5-Star rating they inspect the dive shop very carefully to ensure that they can trust that any check they recieve will be cashed without incident. Their team of trained inspectors know how to interview, inspect, and appraise the ability of any shop to not just live up to the standard that PADI prides itself on but to, more importantly, pay their regular dues. Of course, any issues with the former can easily be rectified by assurances that the latter will, in fact, take place.

Plus, it depends on if you are PADI yourself. If they try to run over another PADI diver they will take away the 5-star rating in a heartbeat - that diver may, in fact, give checks to PADI in the future for further training. However, if they try to run over NAUI divers, well, that is how a dive shop gets the 5-Star PADI rating.

Now you know.

PS. Don't get mad. I am PADI certified. I know nothing about it. I just wanted to write something funny. Please direct all complaints to:

PADI Americas
30151 Tomas Street
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688-2125
USA

If you do, you can earn your Complaining Diver Certification. Don't forget to enclose your check.

The more populous the Earth becomes the more jerks there are. If you complain it will just entertain them and they will consider it a job well done.

My father taught me a valuable lesson early in life and it was amplified by my career in the military.

First rule of life - Never let anyone know what aggravates you.
Second rule of life - Exercise your sense of humor and don't entertain jerks by ranting.
Third rule of life - Have fun despite it all.

I cannot believe PADI.

Just the other day, I had a drink with someone who was a PADI instructor. I bought the first round but he left without buying the second round?

DOES PADI CARE THAT ITS DIVE INSTRUCTORS ARE VIOLATING THE BASIC STANDARDS OF BAR ETIQUETTE?

The horror, the horror.

Vandit

May I guess?...
amprodive.jpg

Back
Top Bottom