does having many certifications make you a better diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thats my plan too.

OW and AOW then dive some experience and rescue.

i figure after OW i still need my confidence and trust with my insutructor to go diving in the "real world"

Dxtreme,

"i figure after OW i still need my confidence and trust with my insutructor to go diving in the 'real world'"

Then your class wasn't as complete as it should have been.

I'm new to diving, I've had my OW cert since the end of August.

In Sept. I took my AOW, and my EAN certs. I took the EAN as a recommendation of my dive buddies because they both dive EAN, and it makes a better buddy if you all/both dive using the same air.

Because I am still new at diving, I am trying to get as much "Real-Life" experance as possible. I'm trying to dive every, or at least every other weekend. On weekends that I can't go out and dive the the springs here in FL, or take a charter out for a two tank dive, I've been going over to a friend of mine's house and jumping in the pool with full gear on, to practice my bouancy, mask/reg clearing, taking on and off my gear while in the water. If I learned it in my OW class, I'm practicing it.

Althought my overall goal is to be a "Master Diver," I'm in no hurry to get it.

I caught the diving bug the first time I put my regulator in my mouth and put my face underwater and started breathing. However, if I don't ever get my "Master Diver" ranking - I could care less. Get me wet, and I'll be happy!

So if some people believe that they need to take a cert class to get the them in the water. Let them.

If some people don't need the a cert class to get them in the water, Great!

As long you continue to enjoy diving, that's all that matters here isn't it people?

Get wet & stay safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom